Küçükçekmece district lies on the European coast of the Sea of Marmara, on a lake known as Küçükçekmece Lake, which translates to "little staircase" since it is made up of several tiny lakes that are joined to the Sea of Marmara by a narrow entryway. The Avcilar district and the campus of Istanbul University are located near the lake's entrance, which is connected to the Sea of Marmara via a relatively narrow channel, resulting in water with low salinity. With a 14-kilometer length, the lake is considered as one of Istanbul's largest natural freshwater lakes. The lake is well-known for its rowing clubs and draws a large number of locals and tourists who come to enjoy the scenery, sunsets, fishing, swimming, boating, and many other recreational activities.
The district of Küçükçekmece is located in a prime position west of Istanbul and is surrounded by the prestigious Başakşehir district, the famous Bağcılar district, Bahçelievler and Bakırköy. Küçükçekmece district is also separated from Avcilar district by a large lake that flows into the Sea of Marmara, making it one of Istanbul's most important and vital developing areas.
It is simple to construct in the district of Küçükçekmece since the ground is flat and rises quite smoothly away from the beach. This has encouraged, and continues to encourage, growth and development in the region.
The population of Küçükçekmece is also growing; according to the most recent TUIK announcement, the population of the district of Küçükçekmece would reach 789,633 people in 2021.
As a result of this fast expansion, new schools, supermarkets, retail malls, and other amenities were built at a quick pace. And as many of the residential neighborhoods in this district are illegally constructed semi-slums typical of Istanbul's old working class, many of these neighborhoods are progressively being replaced by big housing developments, contributing to the region's growing importance of investment.
- Küçükçekmece is a highly populated district that contains the most significant business and industrial hubs of Istanbul, the city of two continents.
- Küçükçekmece is a developing investment region due to the essential locations it offers, including universities like Istanbul Aydin University, Istanbul Ariel University, and Sabahattin Zaim University.
- Küçükçekmece has a freshwater lake, several parks, schools, and hospitals, as well as a huge number of new housing developments.
- Küçükçekmece provides convenient access to the Metrobus line and connects the E5 and TEM motorways.
- The region has a great number of new and prospective residential projects, making it an attractive site to live and work. The Century Project, the Istanbul Canal Project, and the Third Istanbul Bridge are among the most important of these projects.
- In addition, the ancient bridge erected by the Ottoman engineer Sinan that crosses the lake's estuary is still in use. The bridge has been well-maintained and repaired.
Advantages of living in the Küçükçekmece district of Istanbul:
- The Küçükçekmece district is distinguished by the existence of houses and amenities that meet all the requirements for luxurious life and settling down. Küçükçekmece contains numerous retail malls, such as ArmoniPark and Arena Park, and several other places that are very essential to the inhabitants in fulfilling their demands.
- The region has several cultural centers and universities, which are distinguished by their wonderful ambiance due to its location on the European side of the Sea of Marmara and its magnificent view of the Küçükçekmece Lake.
- Investment in Küçükçekmece is one of the most important forms of real estate investment in Istanbul, due to the acceleration of the industrial, urban, and cultural renaissance, as well as the development of key infrastructure in general. However, investment in Istanbul's Küçükçekmece district is an important strategic decision, as the region is regarded as one of the most important locations attracting people wanting to purchase a property in Istanbul, and that is due to the view the most projects and real estate offer over the Küçükçekmece Lake. Furthermore, the region offers a model of a fertile life that blends nature with the possibility of getting jobs in industrial facilities, in addition to the numerous contemporary conveniences and a range of high-end services that most projects in this region provide. The region's real estate specifications are considered within the appropriate standards of living and settling, not to mention the recreational services available in the area.
This will be discussed in future articles to cover all the types of services and amenities that contribute to the region's prominence in the world of real estate ownership and investment.
Sources: kucukcekmece.gov.t + Wikipedia